Equiniti is the UK's leading provider of share registration services and associated investor schemes. We act as Registrar for over 700 companies, including around 55% of the FTSE 100, managing some 24 million shareholder accounts. We also provide administration services for employee share plans, pensions and employee benefits schemes.
What is Shareview?
Shareview is Equiniti's suite of online services that helps shareholders and employees to manage their holdings and gives access to a wide range of useful information. Registered users can access detailed information about their holdings including balance movements, indicative values and dividend payments and can also update personal information online.
What services does it offer shareholders and company employees?
Shareview gives shareholders and employees the ability to:
- access information on their shareholding including share balance, dividend and movement information
- check current share prices
- buy and sell a wide range of stocks through Shareview Dealing, change address and dividend mandate details online and download a wide range of forms
- vote by proxy online in advance of a General Meeting
- register to receive shareholder communications electronically
- access a wide range of shareholder related information
- access information on their own employee holdings including Share Incentive Plans and Save-As-You-Earn schemes
Why does a company need a Registrar?
Every publicly listed company in the UK has a legal duty to maintain an up-to-date record of its shareholders. Companies either maintain their own registers 'in house' or, more typically, appoint a service provider to act as its registrar. Equiniti now, and under its previous ownership by a major high street bank, has undertaken this role for many of the UK's top public companies since the 1950's.
We continually ensure that accurate shareholder and employee records are maintained. Our computer system enables us to reflect changes daily in shareholder details and share ownership whilst maintaining direct automated links with CREST and our client companies.
Our key responsibilities are:
- registering the sale and purchase of shares through the CREST share settlement system,
- issuing share certificates, dividend and interest payments on behalf of major corporate clients,
- dealing with shareholder correspondence and enquiries
- provision of management information to client companies,
- administering major corporate tasks - e.g. takeovers, rights issues and de-mergers,
- planning and assisting the company General Meetings - e.g. Annual General Meetings (AGM's) and Extraordinary General Meetings (EGM's) for over 650 corporate clients
- administration of employee and pension schemes on behalf of our clients
This site, and these conditions, are governed by English law. Any disputes arising from this site shall be resolved by the courts of England and Wales.
Equiniti Limited and Equiniti Financial Services Limited are part of the Equiniti group. Their registered offices are Aspect House, Spencer Road, Lancing, West Sussex BN99 6DA. Company share registration, employee scheme and pension administration services are provided through Equiniti Limited, which is registered in England & Wales with No. 6226088. Investment and general insurance services are provided through Equiniti Financial Services Limited, which is registered in England & Wales with No. 6208699 and is authorised and regulated by the UK Financial Conduct Authority.
The VAT code for Equiniti is 915967778.