New users
Register for an account
Returning users
Login to your account
Home > Shareholder services > Register a name change

Register a name change

If you have changed your name then please let us know so that we have the right information registered on your shareholding.

Before you begin this process, please note:

- You do not need to send us certificates or statements as these do not need to be updated with new name details;
- We are unable to update holdings on the CREST system, operated by Euroclear UK & Ireland Limited. Please contact your CREST sponsor so they can arrange for your details to be updated.

How to tell us

Please send your written request to us at:

Aspect House
Spencer Road
West Sussex
BN99 6DA

We will deal with your request within 5 business days from receipt. 

Please ensure that the following details are provided:
- Current and previous name of shareholder;
- Signature of the shareholder (original not photocopied) or, if a corporate shareholder, a signature from the authorised corporate signatory; stating the capacity in which they sign (such as: Director, Secretary or authorised signatory);
- Name of company in which the shares are held (please detail all shareholdings/companies if you have shares in more than one company);
- The Shareholder Reference(s) of the shareholding(s) (this/these can be found at the top of any correspondence from us);
- If you have moved, or are going to move, details of your old and new address.

Supporting documentation

All applications to change a registered name need to be accompanied by supporting documentation. The type of documents required depends on the circumstance/reason for name change. Please check the following list for the documents that we will require from you.

Circumstance/Type of identification documentation
Marriage or Civil Partnership certificate

Name amendment
Birth or marriage certificate

Incorrectly registered details
Birth or marriage certificate

Birth certificate

Dissolution/annulment of a Civil Partnership
Civil Partnership Dissolution Order

Name change for any other reasons
Change of Name Deed

Corporate change of name
Certificate of Incorporation

Change of gender
Gender Recognition Certificate

All original documents will be returned to you, by 1st class mail, within 5 days of receipt.

This service is free of charge.


Need more help?

​If the information or FAQs on this page don't answer your question, you can contact us in any of the following ways:


OnlineEmail us  




Phone0371 384 2030

International callers:
+44 121 415 7047

Textel/ Minicom:
0371 384 2255

Lines are open Monday to Friday 8.30am to 5.30pm; excluding UK Bank Holidays.


Post Equiniti
Aspect House
Spencer Road
BN99 6DA

Please include your Shareholder Reference (if you have one). This is the eleven digit number found on your share certificate, share statement, recent dividend information or correspondence.