Skip to main content


Confirm the details of the death​

In order for us to accept further instruction(s), we will need to send us formal documentation. More information can be found in this section.

What do I need to provide?

Before we can transfer or sell the shares, we need to know who is allowed to act on behalf of the estate by seeing a Grant of Representation (or 'Confirmation' in Scotland). This is a legal document issued by the probate court (often called Grant of Probate or Letter of Administration). If a Grant of Representation is not being provided, you might be able to use our Small Estate Service instead.

Need some help?

We can support you with advice, help to obtain probate or manage an estate from end to end for you.

Mon - Fri 8:30 - 17:30

0371 384 2793

From outside the UK

+44 121 415 0875​​​

Find out more about the EQ Estate Administration Service

We'd love your feedback!

Please help us to continuously improve our service by answering our short survey.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Take part