Skip to main content
Home > Shareholder services > Register a name change


Change My Name

Let us know that your name has changed so that we have the right information registered on your shareholding.

Before you begin this process, please note:

  • You do not need to send us certificates or statements as these do not need to be updated with new name details
  • We are unable to update holdings on the CREST system, operated by Euroclear UK & Ireland Limited. Please contact your CREST sponsor so they can arrange for your details to be updated.
  • We will deal with your request within 5 business days from receipt



All applications to change a registered name need to be accompanied by supporting documentation. The type of documents required depends on the circumstance/reason for name change. Please check the following list for the documents that we will require from you:

Change of name scenario Required legal documentation
Marriage or Civil PartnershipMarriage or Civil Partnership certificate
Name amendment (Reverting to maiden name)Birth Certificate or Change of Name deed. Marriage certificate should also be seen if still held
DivorceDecree Absolute and Birth Certificate
(Scottish shareholders: Decree Absolute and only if maiden name not shown, Birth Certificate)
Dissolution/annulment of a Civil PartnershipCivil Partnership Dissolution Order
2 characters or less and name is not radically changedNo legal document required
Misspelt i.e. ‘Tracy to Stacy’Bank or solicitor confirmation needed
Full name not registered i.e. Maggie instead of MargaretBirth certificate
Initials to full nameBank, solicitor, actuary, stockbroker, chartered accountant, insolvency practitioner or professional such as Social worker, Teacher, Doctor etc confirmation needed
Corporate change of nameCertificate of Incorporation
Your name has changed for another reasonChange of Name Deed/Deed Poll

Please note, Authentic Returns has a 3 day Service Level Agreement. Day 1 is the first day following receipt of the post.

​Please allow up to 5 working days before raising any queries on the return of documents. This allows the team to return the documents for them to be delivered.



Please send us a letter with your required documentation and stating the below info for all of your shareholdings



Current and previous name(s) of registered Shareholder(s)



Company name(s) the shares are held in



Shareholder reference number(s)



Registered address (or if you have moved please state the old and new address)



Signature(s) of registered shareholder(s)

Please send your written request to us at:

Aspect House
Spencer Road
BN99 6DA